HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY WEEKEND! Sunday looks like the pick of the weekend for weather. To all of our Mom's, enjoy the day with family and friends!
JUNIOR COTILLION- Saturday, May 12th: Hello Class of 2019
We are super excited that tomorrow, Saturday, May 12th, is your Junior Cotillion! It is important to note a few specific details to help us all have great fun and a memorable experience!
- Cotillion pictures will be held on the football field or in the cafe prior to attending Kimball Farm. You can arrive at Westford Academy for 5:45 PM (High heels will not be allowed on the football field). Upon arrival at the WA Football Field, you will be asked to check in and you will receive a bracelet for Kimball Farm. (If there is inclement weather, the cafeteria will be prepped and ready to go as an alternate place to take pictures.)
- In addition to the field and/or cafe for pictures, we will be opening the W.A. Courtyard, which will is in beautiful shape and great for some group pitcures.
- You must wear the bracelet so that you have access to all the activities (golf, photo booth, volleyball, and more).
- Please arrive at Kimball's by 7:00 PM. There should be signs directing traffic to park in the back of Kimball's for easier access for all of us.
- There will be trolleys and golf carts to get guests to and from the parking lot.
- The Cotillion will end promptly at 11:00 PM.
Please remember that ALL SCHOOL RULES APPLY. Even though we are off-campus, school rules still apply and will be enforced. Please come to the cotillion ready to eat, dance, golf, play volleyball, and have as much fun as you can! Finally, please remember, we will not be the only group of people at Kimball's that night. This is your chance to show the world how truly great Westford Academy and all of its students are. We know we need not remind you, but we must - please show proper respect to the grounds, Kimball's, and other guests on this great night. You want this to be a night you will remember!
If you have any questions email Mrs. Mclaughlin or Mrs. Halloran
Mrs. Mclaughlin and Mrs. Halloran
To the Parents/Guardians of Graduating Seniors:
All requests must be made by the close of the school year. NO phone calls please!
Graduation Details - June 1, 2018
Graduation will be held on Friday, June 1, 5:30 PM, on the Westford Academy Alumni Field (First rain date: Saturday, June 2, 5:30 PM. Second rain date: Sunday, June 3, 2:00 PM) NO TICKETS ARE NEEDED and you may bring an many guests as you wish! Our seating is first come, first served. We rent 1,800 chairs in addition to having the use of our bleacher seats. We have plenty of handicap parking and have a handicap/elderly drop-off area. There will be people assisting with traffic flow and parking.
Lifetouch will be providing professional photography services at our Graduation scheduled for Friday, June 1st. Please register to be notified when event images and proofs are available for purchase @ events.lifetouch.com/westfordacademywestfordma. Complimentary proof sets will be mailed home within 14 business days. Please do not set up cameras during the ceremony as they detract from others' view.
Remember All The Balloons Last Year?
The Westford Education Foundation is doing it again. Send your favorite WA Class of 2018 graduates shiny maroon and silver Mylar balloons as a fun way to congratulate them on this big accomplishment. Imagine hundreds of balloons decorating mailboxes and front porches of WA seniors throughout town on graduation day. Balloons are just $6 each. An array of six balloons to the same address (ordered at the same time) is $30. The deadline to order balloons is THURSDAY, May 24, 2018. Go to https://www.westford.org/wef for the balloon order form. Be sure to include
the gradsí names, addresses, and your own personal note for each recipient, and WEF will take care of the rest. Balloons will be delivered the day before graduation. Questions? Contact Kelly Guthrie at email@example.com. Proceeds from balloon sales help WEF fund a wide variety of innovative educational and professional development grants for Westford schools, as well as two scholarships to graduating seniors majoring in education. The Westford Education Foundation is grateful for your support.
LAST NIGHT 2018
WA Last Night 2018 is the all-night, substance-free celebration for our Westford Academy graduating seniors, which will be held on Friday, June 1st starting at 10:00 PM. With almost 100% participation, Last Night is a highlight for WA graduates. It takes over 200 volunteers and many, many generous donors to make this evening a success. Parents of all students from K to 12, are encouraged to volunteer. For more information, please see the Last Night website at www.walastnight.org
- Donations to support Last Night can be made online at www.walastnight.org/donate or please send your contribution to: WA Last Night 2017, PO Box 4079, Westford, MA 01886. All gifts are tax-deductible. It's a great time to make a donation to take advantage of the tax break!
- Last Night Needs Volunteers! Help is always needed at the event, but you can also volunteer before the event. To volunteer in any capacity, please contact Volunteer Coordinator Cindy McKeen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Seniors that have not yet registered for Last Night can pick up copies of the registration form in the office, if needed. Please turn in your registrations ASAP. Completed registration forms can be dropped off in the office.
Completed registration forms and checks may also be turned in before the Senior Disney trip parent meeting on Wednesday, May 16th. There will be a table set up from 6-6:30. Blank registration forms will also be available.
Have a great weekend. Jim Antonelli