This weekend is scheduled for a grand event, The Class of 2017 Senior Prom. Seniors will be traveling to the Park Plaza in Boston, MA for a night of dinner and dancing. The weather looks good so far for pictures on the Common, a trip to Boston, and an evening of fun. Below are some updates for you regarding the afternoon festivities.
Note: (If there is inclement weather, we will move pictures indoors at the high school)
• Prom-goers, parents, family, and friends- please join us on the Town Common beginning at approximately 4:30/4:45 PM for pictures. A wonderful tradition!
******The Park Plaza is expecting us at 7:00 PM. Please leave the Town Common by 5:45 PM. ******
• The Prom begins at 7:00 PM and ends at 11:00 PM.
****Please DO NOT PARK on LINCOLN STREET- the WPD may ticket and may tow your vehicle.****
• Lincoln Street will be closed to regular traffic. Lincoln Street will be used for all of the limousines. There are approximately 35-40 limousines being staged side-by-side on the street that afternoon.
****Parking is available at the Westford Town Hall, the Roudenbush Community Center, Cameron School, the JV Fletcher Library and there are some handicapped spaces in the Fire/Police parking.****
• Please park in the marked spaces on Connell Drive-ONLY. Individuals that park outside of the marked space on Connell Drive WILL receive a citation from the Westford Police Dept.
• We ask for parents, family, and friends to allow the prom-goers to walk from their respective limousines to the Town Common before starting pictures. This is a safety issue. Lincoln St. will be hectic.
• The Westford Police Department will have three detail officers on site to assist the W.A. Administrative Team with traffic. IT WILL BE VERY BUSY. I recommend getting to the Town Common early if you have a handicapped family member.
• Please stay off of the streets surrounding the Common and use the crosswalks. The safest location is for everyone to be located on the Common.
• REMINDER: Handicapped parking spaces will be available in the Westford Police and Fire Dept. parking lot.
• Last but not least. Parents would you please remind your son/daughter's to make good decisions tomorrow evening. The portable breathalyzer machine will be with us and utilized if we have reasonable suspicion to believe your son/daughter is under the influence of alcohol. Serious ramifications may follow, (i.e. loss of Disney, other Senior Week Activities, and even the loss of Graduation).
I look forward to a great night. So far the weather looks great. I hope all of our students have a wonderful time. Be safe! Jim Antonelli
Graduation 2017 - Photographer
Prestige Portraits by Lifetouch will be providing professional photography services at Graduation. Students and their family members may pre-register by signing up with their name and email anytime at www.events.lifetouch.com prior to graduation; doing so will enable a notification to be sent when their portraits are available for ordering.
Graduation Details - June 2, 2017
Graduation will be held on Friday, June 2, 5:30 PM, on the Westford Academy Alumni Field (First rain date: Saturday, June 3, 5:30 PM. Second rain date: Sunday, June 4, 2:00 PM) NO TICKETS ARE NEEDED and you may bring an many guests as you wish! Our seating is first come, first served. We rent 1,800 chairs in addition to having the use of our bleacher seats. We have plenty of handicap parking and have a handicap/elderly drop-off area. There will be people assisting with traffic flow and parking.
From the Nurses Clinic:
If your child has an epipen in the clinic, please have them pick it up by the end of the year. We do not hold onto any epipens over the summer. Thank you
LAST NIGHT 2017
WA Last Night 2017 is the all-night, substance-free celebration for our Westford Academy graduating seniors, which will be held on Friday, June 2nd starting at 10:00 PM. With almost 100% participation, Last Night is a highlight for WA graduates. It takes over 200 volunteers and many, many generous donors to make this evening a success. Parents of all students from K to 12, are encouraged to volunteer. For more information, please see the Last Night website at www.walastnight.org
- Donations can be made online at www.walastnight.org/donate or please send your contribution to: WA Last Night 2017, PO Box 4079, Westford, MA 01886. All gifts are tax-deductible.
- Last Night Needs Volunteers! Help is always needed at the event, but you can also volunteer before the event by assisting our amazing decorating team. To volunteer in any capacity, please contact Volunteer Coordinator Cindy McKeen at firstname.lastname@example.org or Cindy will be at Panera from 7 to 8pm on Friday, May 19th.
- Attention SENIORS… Registration is now past due! Don't miss out on this wonderful night with your fellow graduates. Please mail your signed permission slip and contribution to WA Last Night 2017, PO Box 4079, Westford, MA 01886. Forms available at http://walastnight.org/for-parents
Have a great weekend. JA