This is it! Graduation is in less than six hours. I can feel the excitement. I hope that all of you enjoy the ceremony.
Graduation Update #3- FINAL NOTICE
• I have the final update for you regarding graduation:
•••A note from our Athletic Director regarding the turf field.
1.) No gum or food on the turf. Water is okay.
2.) Flat bottomed shoes are recommended.
3.) No silly string and/or confetti.
Director of Athletics
• Seniors need to report to the Aux. Gym by 4:00PM. We will line up at 4:30.
• Seniors were asked to carpool or be dropped off at the school. If seniors drive themselves we asked them to park on the field behind the school.
•Seniors were reminded to dress appropriately. Nothing can be dangling or protruding from their mortar board.
•The ceremony will begin at approximately 5:30PM.
• Handicapped parking is available along the fence in the student parking lot. (The lot to the right when looking at the school.) Additional handicapped parking will be located adjacent to Alumni Stadium and will be clearly marked. (New this year... There will also be cones adjacent to the stadium to create an alley for handicapped and elderly drop off.)
• Additional parking is available in the fields behind the school and at the Robinson School and the Crisafulli School.
• Please come to the ceremony early. It is a Friday afternoon in Westford, and you know what the means! Very busy!!!
• Please DO NOT PARK in posted areas. The Westford Police Department will ticket illegally parked vehicles. Parking along Patten Rd. on the school side is permissible.
• There will be several officers and parking attendants to help you out with parking.
• The forecast looks GREAT!!! Thank goodness! However, you know New England weather. I have every intention of having the ceremony TONIGHT evening, please be prepared.
• It looks like it will be sunny during the ceremony. Please recommend sunscreen and bottles of water for your graduates and family members. The ceremony is on the new turf field and it can be warm.
I look forward to seeing all of you this evening.
SUPPORT THE WESTFORD K-9 PROGRAM!
Come join us and Dine for the Cause @ 99 Restaurant, 333 Littleton Road, Westford, MA Tuesday Night, June 5th. You must present a flyer and 15% of your bill will benefit Westford Police Departmentís K-9 Program! Print a flyer off the Westford K-9 Facebook page or pick one up at the Westford K-9 Fundraiser table @ 99 Restaurant that night. We hope to see you there. Thank you for your support!
New England Patriots Come to Westford on Tuesday, June 19th!
On Tuesday, June 19th, the Westford Academy Athletic Boosters Club will host the annual ìNew England Patriots vs. Westfordî Charity Basketball game.~~~ At least six (6) New England Patriots players will lace up their basketball shoes at Westford Academy at 7 p.m.~ to compete in a basketball game against players from~ the Westford area.~~~ The Westford team will be comprised of members of the Westford schoolsí faculty, students and Westford community members.~~~ In addition to the main event, there will be a chance for autographs and pictures during halftime and after the game.~~~ Doors open at approximately 6 p.m.~~~ For tickets, please call (978) 392-6811Ö. Ask how YOU can play!
The proceeds of this event will benefit the WA Academy Athletic Boosters Club; a non-profit organization that raises money to support all of Westford Academyís athletes.~ Scholarships, awards, plaques, varsity letters, and athletic equipment are all provided by the WA Athletic Boosters.~~~~ Please join us on Tuesday, June 19th at WA (7 p.m.) for this terrific game!~~ (This game was previously scheduled for Wednesday, June 13th).