I wish everyone an enjoyable weekend. Hopefully you will spend some time with family and friends. Be safe and have fun.
Seniors - Booster Athletic Banquet:
If you played a sport at any time during your four years at WA, then you are invited to attend the WA Booster Athletic Banquet. Please complete the brief form at the following link before Wednesday April 26 if you wish to attend. Each athlete that attends the banquet will also receive a personalize plaque based on their responses to this form. After you have completed this form please print the letter attached to this email and submit the letter and payment for any guests you bring to the banquet. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeA5GZdSNnasfY_G1pIKAK-_KcnYvCrkL6KAdCTJALq9Qb2Hw/viewform?usp=sf_link
Westford Athletic Boosters
GIVE WHERE YOU LIVE: HOUSEHOLD GOODS DONATIONS DRIVE
The Robin Flynn Team at Keller Williams Realty will collect household items for the non-profit organization Project Home Again. Drop off will be Saturday May 6th from 11:00-1:00 at the Keller Williams office at 3 Lan Drive, Westford (behind the Bamboo Restaurant). Please contact Robin Flynn at 978.257.0677 or at email@example.com for additional information. To learn about this charity and to see a list of needed donations, please visit www.phama.org or www.robinflynnteam.com.
Westford Academy Theater Arts presents SPRING AWAKENING
Westford Academy Theater Arts presents SPRING AWAKENING with book and lyrics by Steven Sater and Music by Duncan Sheik directed by Michael Towers in the Westford Academy Performing Arts Center on April 28, May 5, 11*, 12 at 7:30 PM and April 29 and May 6 at 2:00 PM and 7:30 PM. On Wednesday, April 19 at 7:00 PM, there will be an Open Forum in the Westford Academy Performing Arts Center where adults and students will explore the topics and themes of SPRING AWAKENING which Westford Academy Theater Arts will present in April and May. Guided by Westford Public Schools Health and Wellness Curriculum Coordinator Sean O'Leary and supported by members of the Westford Academy Faculty, the evening is designed to engage adults and
students in conversation surrounding the difficult topics that every community faces. Topics will include: sex and sexuality; anxiety surrounding academic expectations; sexual assault; teenage pregnancy; and suicide. Members of the company will perform selected scenes and musical numbers from Spring Awakening - which will be followed by questions, thoughts and forward moving conversation. This event is open to the public but there is one caveat: We will come together to grow together. Bring your curiosity, questions, expertise, opinions, experience, open mind, compassion, understanding, and will to grow…as a parent, son, daughter, friend, ally, individual and member of a larger whole.
LAST NIGHT 2017
WA Last Night 2017 is the all-night, substance-free celebration for our Westford Academy graduating seniors, which will be held on Friday, June 2nd starting at 10:00 PM. With almost 100% participation, Last Night is a highlight for WA graduates. It takes over 200 volunteers and many, many generous donors to make this evening a success. Parents of all students from K to 12, are encouraged to volunteer. For more information, please see the Last Night website at www.walastnight.org
- Donations can be made online at www.walastnight.org/donate or please send your contribution to: WA Last Night 2017, PO Box 4079, Westford, MA 01886. All gifts are tax-deductible.
- To volunteer, contact Volunteer Coordinator Cindy McKeen at firstname.lastname@example.org or come to an upcoming volunteer event to sign up and process your CORI form. Cindy will be at Panera from 7 to 8:00 PM on Tuesday, April 11th and Tuesday, April 25th. You can also sign up before the monthly Last Night meeting in the WA Lecture Hall (Room 144) on Wednesday, May 3rd from 6:45 to 7:00 PM.
- Attention SENIORS… important Last Night deadlines coming up soon! Registration: Permission slips are due now. Please mail your signed permission slip and contribution to WA Last Night 2017, PO Box 4079, Westford, MA 01886. Forms available at http://walastnight.org/for-parents
- Photo Submissions: Parent photo submissions (both digital and printed photos) are due Thursday, April 13th. Detailed information is available at http://walastnight.org/for-parents
- Have a great weekend. Jim Antonelli