Winter Sports 2017
Home of the Grey Ghosts
Welcome back to another year of Westford Academy Athletics!
Below are the dates and times for Westford Academy winter sports tryouts. Complete practice schedules will be communicated by the coaches.
Other important items:
- Student athletes must complete registration process to tryout or participate by 11/26/17. Please visit www.wagreyghosts.com for the registration information and link to familyid.com.
- Please make sure to have a valid physical on file at WA or a copy with you in order to participate on the first day. A physical is valid for 13 months.
- Email addresses for varsity coaches can also be found on www.wagreyghosts.com
- The Westford Academy Athletics handbook can also be found on www.wagreyghosts.com
WA Girls' Basketball Tryout Schedule
Mon, Tue, Wed 4-6pm Main Gym - All Sophomores and Freshmen who weren't on Varsity last season
Mon, Tue 6:30-8:30pm All Juniors and Seniors and Returning Varsity
may be moved between tryouts per coaches' decision.
2017-2018 WA Boys' Basketball Tryout Times
Varsity and JV:
- Monday 11/27 and Tuesday 11/28
- Main Gym
- Please arrive at least one-half hour prior (5:30pm)
- Monday 11/27, Tuesday 11/28, and Wednesday 11/29
- Aux Gym
- Please arrive at least one-half hour prior (4:00pm)
**Please note that due to the number of candidates, we may need to make decisions each day in regards to who will not make the team.
Indoor Track Tryout Schedule:
11/27 - 2:15pm Main Gym
Boys Hockey Tryout Schedule:
11/27 3:55pm Skate 3
11/28 3:50pm Skate 3
11/29 2:40pm Skate 3 (split squad)
11/29 7pm Groton School (split squad)
Girls Hockey Tryout Schedule:
11/27 8-9pm Groton School
11/28 8:15-9:45pm Groton School
11/30 3pm Meeting Room 105
Wrestling Tryout Schedule:
11/27 2:30pm AUX Gym
Alpine Ski Tryout Schedule:
Boys & Girls Swim/Dive Tryout Schedule:
11/27 3-4:30pm Umass Lowell (Bus departs 2:05pm Aux Gym)
WA 2017-2018 Winter SPORTS
LINK TO ALL GAME SCHEDULES
Congratulations to the WA Girls Soccer Team back to back Div 1 North Champions & Div 1 State Finalists!
Congratulations to Girls Volleyball for winning the DCL Championship in Fall 2017 & D1 Central West Finalist
Congratulations to WA Cheerleaders for winning the DCL Championship in Fall 2017
Important Information Regarding Physicals for Athletics
The MIAA voted to align its requirements on physicals with the Mass Department of Public Health. What this means is that physicals will expire 13 months from the exam date. Students will no longer be allowed to continue participation until the end of the season. Student’s eligibility will terminate once a physical has reached the 13 month limit.
A FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT FAN BEHAVIOR!
I would like to take a moment to remind all parents, spectators and fans about appropriate conduct during interscholastic competitions. It is very important for the culture of educational athletics that spectators demonstrate good sportsmanship at all times. Please cheer for and encourage the Westford Academy teams and refrain from any negative comments/cheers toward the officials, players or opposing fans.
Westford is a wonderful community with very supportive and caring parents and fans. So please demonstrate this good sportsmanship at all times.
Good luck to all teams as we complete this fall season.
Go Grey Ghosts!!
DCL Ticket Prices 17-18