HOME OF THE GREY GHOSTS
Spring 2015 Registration Now Open
Click here for Westford Academy and Stony Brook/Blanchard
2015 AMERICHEER NATIONAL GRAND CHAMPIONS
WESTFORD ACADEMY CHEERLEADING
VIDEO FOR DAY 1 OF COMPETITION!IMG_6477.mov
Spring 2015 Athletics Information
The spring season starts March 16th. Below are some helpful reminders about the upcoming season.
- Please be sure to register before Monday March 16th. The link can be found on www.wagreyghosts.com.
- All student athletes must have a valid physical for the entire season. Please be sure to book any physical appointments in advance. An expired physical and/or lack of a completed registration will prohibit a student athlete from participating on day one.
- Athletic fees for the spring season will be $225. These are due by the first game/event of the season. Please make checks payable to Town of Westford and turn into the coach directly.
- Coaches emails are listed on www.wagreyghosts.com
- Spring Sports Information Night for Parents and Student Athletes will be held on March 24th 6:30 pm.
- Game Schedules can be found on www.wagreyghosts.com
WA Athletics Final Winter 2014-2015 Recap
- Cheerleading, boys swimming/dive, boys alpine skiing, gymnastics were all Dual County League Champions!
- Boys basketball, girls basketball, girls ice hockey, gymnastics, indoor track, wrestling, cheerleading, Alpine Ski, Nordic Ski, swimming and diving teams all qualified for postseason competition
- Westford Academy wrestling qualified four wrestlers for the MIAA All State Meet
- Boys Indoor Track Athlete Cody Trudel set a new record in the 55M. Gymnast Jackie Beals set a new school record in the All Around.
- Alpine skier James Larsen was crowned Mass Bay West League Champion for the fourth year in a row at Nashoba Valley. This is the first time in history of the league any skier has accomplished this task.
- Cheerleading won the MSSAA North Sectional and MSSAA State Championship for the Large School Coed Division this winter! This past weekend at the 2015 Americheer Championships, WA placed 1st in their Division, 1st Place High Point, and were the Grand National Champions!
- Boys swimming and diving won the MIAA Division 1 State Championship. They finished the dual meet season 11-0, and went on to win the Dual County League Championship. Along the way, five school records were broken, and 6 All-American consideration standards were met. At the State Meet at MIT, Brian Poon, Jack Koravos, and Jason Jung won individual state titles, and joined with Kyle Pilachowski, Jeffrey Yao, and Justin Yao to win two relay state titles. As a team, the Grey Ghosts outscored 9-time defending state champion St. John’s Prep 309 to 267 to win the first Boys Swim & Dive State Title in school history.
- Boys Basketball won the MIAA Division 1 Central Mass Sectional Championship before falling to two time defending state champion Putnam in the MIAA State Semifinal. This was the furthest any WA boy’s basketball team had completed since the 1968 State Championship team.
Congratulations to Boys Basketball MIAA D1 Central Sectional Champions and State Semifinalists!
Congratulations to WA Cheerleading- MSSAA COED Large School Division State Champions Winter 2015!
Congratulations to Westford Academy
Boys and Swim and Dive
MIAA Division 1 Champions!!!
Congratulations to following teams for their Winter season league Championships!
Boys Swim, Boys Alpine Skiing, Gymnastics, Cheerleading
CONGRATS WA CHEER ON A GREAT FALL SEASON!
MSSAA 2nd Place State Championships, MSSAA State Sportsmanship Award Winner, North Regional Coed Division Large School Champs, Dual County League Grand Champs/ Coed Division Champs, and Junior Varsity League Champs.
Photo courtesy of Ann Antes
WA FOOTBALL CELEBRATES THEIR 14-7 WIN OVER AB ON THANKSGIVING!
Congratulations to WA Varsity Cheerleading - DCL FALL 2014 CHAMPIONS!
Congratulations to boys track and girls tennis Spring 2014 DCL Championships!
Congratulations to the Spring 2014 Westford Academy Teams for being selected as the Dual County League Spring Season Sportsmanship Award Winner
Westford Academy Announces 2014 Hall of Fame Class
The Westford Academy Athletic Hall of Fame Executive Board is pleased to announce its newest inductees:
Jill Connell- Class of 2002, Field Hockey, Swimming, Track
Francis Courchaine- Class of 1952, Football, Basketball, Baseball
Kelley Gallo- Class of 1983, Field Hockey, Basketball, Softball, Tennis
John Pantanella- Class of 1985, Football, Wrestling, Track
Paul Sullivan- Class of 1990, Football, Basketball, Baseball
1927-28 Basketball Team
1985 Football Team
Mike Parent- Football and Softball
Kevin Regan- Chairman and founding member of the Westford Academy Athletic Hall of Fame
Important Information Regarding Physicals for Athletics
School physicals will no longer be offered at Westford Academy during the summer.
Last week the MIAA voted to align its requirements on physicals with the Mass Department of Public Health. What this means is that physicals will expire 13 months from the exam date. Students will no longer be allowed to continue participation until the end of the season. Student’s eligibility will terminate once a physical has reached the 13 month limit.
This message is being sent so that parents and families can schedule physicals in a timely manner for the upcoming school year.
A FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT FAN BEHAVIOR!
I would like to take a moment to remind all parents, spectators and fans about appropriate conduct during interscholastic competitions. It is very important for the culture of educational athletics that spectators demonstrate good sportsmanship at all times. Please cheer for and encourage the Westford Academy teams and refrain from any negative comments/cheers toward the officials, players or opposing fans.
Westford is a wonderful community with very supportive and caring parents and fans. So please demonstrate this good sportsmanship at all times.
Good luck to all teams as we complete this fall season.
Go Grey Ghosts!!
DCL Ticket Prices 14-15