ACT Mathematics Prep Course
Instructor: Cory Roman
Tuesday evenings from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. at Westford Academy(Lecture Hall 144) beginning on December 8thth
and run through January 12th.
Click Here for Registration
This ACT math prep course is designed to help students of all levels and abilities improve their ACT math score. The class will meet on Tuesday evenings from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. at Westford Academy(Lecture Hall 144) beginning on December 8thth
and run through January 12th. Students will not only be exposed to the mathematics
curriculum covered on the ACT, but they will also learn strategies for taking standardized mathematics tests. Students will take actual ACT practice tests where answers and methods for solving the problems will be discussed.
~The cost of the course is $125 per student. The course will be taught by Westford Academy Mathematics teacher Cory Roman.
For more information or to sign up, please see Mr. Roman in room 204 or contact by email at email@example.com . *Students will be required to bring the following prep book to class for the first session:
Instructors: Emily Coates and Lynn Bonakdar
Dates/Times: The course will meet for five weeks leading up to the March 5th SAT. The sessions will run from 6:00-8:00pm and be held in the Westford Academy Lecture Hall.
- Wednesday, January 27
- Monday, February 1
- Monday, February 8
- Monday, February 22
- Monday, February 29
- Tuesday, March 1: Snow makeup day
This SAT preparatory course is designed to help students of all levels improve their scores on the Critical Reading and Writing sections of the NEW SAT. Students will:
- improve their confidence in taking the two English sections of the new SAT
- become familiar with the new SAT format and with test-taking strategies specific to this test
- learn and practice grammar concepts commonly tested on the new SAT
- practice close reading skills using new SAT passages provided by the College Board
- review essay structure and write timed essays in response to new SAT prompts
- expand their vocabulary
- work through real multiple choice sections of the new SAT
- Students should come to class ready to work through sample problems, ready to take notes and with a copy of The Official SAT Study Guide, 2016 Edition. By The College Board. SBN-13:~978-1457304309 ISBN-10:~1457304309
Location: Lecture Hall, Room 144, Westford Academy. 6-8:00 pm