Instructors: Emily Coates and Lynn Bonakdar
Dates/Times: Monday, October 5 ~ 6 - 8:30 pm
Monday, October 19 ~ 6 - 8:30 pm
Monday, October 26 ~ 6 - 8:30 pm
Monday, November 2 ~ 6 - 8:30 pm
This SAT preparatory course is designed to help students of all levels improve their scores on the Critical Reading and Writing sections of the SAT. While the reinforcement this course provides in the content area will transfer to any test format, we will practice with questions and strategies specific to the current version of the SAT. A course focusing on the new SAT will be offered in January leading up to the March 5th SAT.
In this course, students will:
- improve their confidence in taking the Critical Reading and Writing sections of the SAT
- become familiar with the SAT and with test-taking strategies specific to the test
- learn and practice grammar concepts commonly tested on the SAT
- practice close reading skills using actual SAT passages
- review essay structure and write timed essays in response to SAT prompts
- expand their vocabulary
- work through real multiple choice sections of the SAT
Students should come to class ready to work through sample problems, ready to take notes and with a copy of The Official SAT Study Guide, 2nd Edition. ~By The College Board.
Location: Lecture Hall, Room 144, Westford Academy. 6-8:30 pm