The College Application Process:
Be Done Early!
Instructors: Heidi Hider and Tracy McLaughlin
Dates/Times: Thursday, August 20, 9 am - 2:30 pm
Friday, August 21, 9 am - 2:30 pm
Monday, August 24, 9 am - 2:30 pm
Thursday, August 27, 9 am - 2:30 pm
Friday, August 28, 9 am - 1:30 pm
College Application Process registration form
CLASS IS FULL
If you would like to be added to the wait list, please notify Debi Leavis, email@example.com, in the Guidance Department. |
This class will focus on helping rising seniors prepare the following components of college applications.
1) Writing a solid draft of a college application essay
2) Activities resume to submit to colleges for activities/awards data and for scholarship applications
3) Process for completing the Common Application, including how to complete supplements and short answers
4) Interviewing skills (including mock interviews)
Review options for standardized testing
6) Learn to determine one's own reach, match and safety schools
7) Career inventories as they relate to choice of major and college,
8) Discussion of real life issues related to the transition to college life.